Many people don’t realize the effect that light has on us, but the truth is that humans are very sensitive to light. It is light and dark that determines our Circadian rhythms, and sets our body clock. That explains why having quality lighting in your office or commercial building is proven to affect productivity. Having good furniture, be that comfortable chairs or highly functional desks, can also be condusive to a more productive environment; if your office is sorely in need of something like this, sites like OfficeMonster.co.uk are your one-stop source for such products and much more. If you suspect that your office lighting is affecting your and your employees work performance, then there are several things you can do to improve the situation.
- If you don’t already have energy saving lighting installed in your office or commercial building, make sure that you design new lighting systems to take advantage of CFL, LED and other technologies. They can save a lot of money on energy costs.
- If your office has flickering fluorescent lighting, be aware this could be causing your employees health problems that you’re not aware of.
- Understand that different tasks require different levels of light to ensure alertness and productivity.
- Note that age and vision can also affect lighting requirements
- Natural light is also important. If you are lucky enough to have lots of windows, then leave blinds and other window coverings open to let as much natural light in as possible. If your office is lacking in natural light, then perhaps it’s time to contact a commercial property maintenance expert who could alter your office in a way that would allow more natural light. It could be as simple as removing a few internal walls or adding some more windows/glass. One of the best ways to add more glass and therefore allow more natural light is through the use of glass doors – click here to learn about GLASS DOORS in commercial properties.
- Good lighting design is essential and requires a combination of indirect overhead lighting, movable direct task lighting and natural light, in the correct proportions, to ensure safe and comfortable working conditions.
- The color of your lighting (warm, cold or otherwise) is another factor that contributes to safe and healthy workplace lighting design.
How to Be Sure Your Lighting Works
In many cases, commercial building lighting design was done years or even decades ago, and there’s a good chance that your commercial property is being used differently today than it was originally intended for.. It’s a good idea to talk to both an electrical contractor and a lighting specialist to devise a lighting and electrical plan, to bring your building back into the light.
Our electrical technicians will inspect and measure the lighting in your building, and make recommendations to bring it up to standard, while your electrical contractor may need to upgrade electrical, add outlets or fixtures or move them around.
Why You Need to Make These Changes
As mentioned before, lighting is critical to wakefulness and productivity in your office or commercial building. It can even influence customers shopping habits! It’s also a health and safety issue though, and if your commercial lighting is not up to par, particularly where complex or dangerous tasks are being carried out, you could find yourself in some trouble.
If you suspect that your lighting needs a boost, give Santor Electrical Contractors a call. They may be able to work with your existing installation, and improve the quality of lighting that you have.
Santor Electrical Contractors is your local electrician for all of your home renovation projects or electrical wiring and installations in Connecticut. Our skilled electricians provide outstanding service in Windham, New London, Columbia and the surrounding areas.
Contact Santor Electrical Contractors today to schedule an appointment in Connecticut with our residential and commercial electricians.
Our Residential & Commercial Electrical Services in Connecticut
- Circuit breaker and panel replacement
- Emergency Electrician
- Electrician near me
- Electrical Contractor
- Recessed lighting installation
- Attic fan installation
- Exhaust fan installation
- Ceiling fan installation
- Outlet wiring
- New home electrical wiring
- Dimmer and light fixture installation
- Infrared thermography inspections
- Security lighting
- Chandelier lighting
- Outdoor lighting
- Pool and hot tub wiring
- Appliance wiring
- Electrical repair
- Electrician Near Me
- And more!
When you need residential & commercial electricians in CT, there’s only one name you need to know-Santor Electrical Contractors! Our residential electricians provide 24/7 emergency service as well as fast, same-day service.
Find out why we’re the area’s most trusted residential electricians. Call us today!
Why Call Our CT Electricians?
If you searched “residential electricians near me” you landed on the best ones. We are committed to providing superior residential electrical services throughout the region. The valuable advantages we can offer you are great service, high-quality products, and experienced workers at a competitive price.
Our services cover everything from new wiring to electrical maintenance and troubleshooting. No matter what your electrical needs are, we have the right solution, at the right price. Our residential electricians are fully licensed, assuring you that your electrical project will be installed to exact industry and code standards.
If you’re planning an electrical project for your home in Eastern CT area and you’re looking for a quality job, contact us today. We offer free quotes on all new installs!