When a breaker panel trips, it always seems to happen at the worst time and is extremely frustrating! Circuit breakers are designed to trip when too much electricity is being sent through the breaker. When a breaker panel trips, it turns off power because of an electrical current overload, thus protecting your home’s electrical system. There are a few simple methods to follow to troubleshoot problems with your circuit breakers in your breaker box. The best place to start when you have lost power in your home is to reset your breaker box.
- Locate your breaker box. Most breaker boxes are located in the basement; in the garage; or in the utility room close to a water heater, air conditioning system, or furnace. After opening the door to your breaker box, listen and make sure you do not hear a buzzing sound or any other odd sound because if you do, you need to contact Santor Electrical Contractors instead of proceeding on your own.
- Examine the diagram on the inside of your panel door to locate the circuit to reset in your home. It is typically labeled according to your house layout and numbered on the switches.
- Inspect all the switches. You will know which circuit is tripped because the switch will be positioned in the middle and have a bit of a “springy” feel when touched.
- Flip the switch to the OFF position and wait three seconds before switching it to ON position.
If resetting your breaker does not resolve the problem, then consider the following questions:
- Have I new appliances to my home such as microwaves, portable space heaters, or hair dryers?
- Do I have older appliances that are causing a jolt in electricity because they need to be replaced?
- Do I have too many appliances or equipment plugged into one circuit? For example, a television, multiple lamps, and home entertainment system will cause a circuit overload.
- Do I have devices that are not being used often turned off?
If your answers to the above questions are “no,” then you need to contact a professional electrician because you may be dealing with some other factors that are causing your circuit breaker to trip. Short circuit issues, faulty wiring, or needing an additional electrical circuit to power all of your electrical needs at home could all be reasons for you circuit breaker tripping.
Work with a qualified electrician
Whether you are a new homeowner, prospective buyer or simply a person interested in improving the efficiency and safety of your home, turn to the professional electricians you can trust. If you have doubts about your electrical system, call the licensed electricians at Santor Electrical Contractors for an inspection before the holidays start.
To hire a quality residential or commercial electrician, call Santor Electrical Contractors, we are only a phone call away at 860-455-3690.
Santor Electrical Contractors is your local electrician for all of your home renovation projects or electrical wiring and installations in Connecticut. Our skilled electricians provide outstanding service and are licensed electrician Windham CT, electrician Columbia CT, electrician Storrs CT and the surrounding areas.
Contact Santor Electrical Contractors today to schedule an appointment in Connecticut with our residential and commercial electricians.
Our Residential & Commercial Electrical Services in Connecticut
- Circuit breaker and panel replacement
- Emergency Electrician
- Electrician near me
- Electrical Contractor
- Recessed lighting installation
- Attic fan installation
- Exhaust fan installation
- Ceiling fan installation
- Outlet wiring
- New home electrical wiring
- Dimmer and light fixture installation
- Infrared thermography inspections
- Security lighting
- Chandelier lighting
- Outdoor lighting
- Pool and hot tub wiring
- Appliance wiring
- Electrical repair
- Electrician Near Me
- And more!
When you need residential & commercial electricians in CT, there’s only one name you need to know—Santor Electrical Contractors! Our residential electricians provide 24/7 emergency service as well as fast, same-day service.
Find out why we’re the area’s most trusted residential electricians. Call us today!
Why Call Our CT Electricians?
If you searched “residential electricians near me” or “electrician near me“, you landed on the best ones. We are committed to providing superior residential electrical services throughout the region. The valuable advantages we can offer you are great service, high-quality products, and experienced workers at a competitive price.
Our services cover everything from new wiring to electrical maintenance and troubleshooting. No matter what your electrical needs are, we have the right solution, at the right price. Our residential electricians are fully licensed, assuring you that your electrical project will be installed to exact industry and code standards.
If you’re planning an electrical project for your home in Eastern CT area and you’re looking for a quality job, contact us today. We offer free quotes on all new installs!