- General Job Description
The Jr. Electrical Estimator is responsible for reviewing, estimating and preparing electrical quotes, proposals, and implementing measures to increase the company’s effectiveness and efficiency.
449 Boston Post Rd. Suite A
North Windham, CT 06256
(soon to relocate)
- Main Objectives of Jr. Estimator
- Learn the strategies and processes of the Estimating Department and follow them on every project.
- Build and strengthen existing and new relationships
- Work 45-50 hours per week.
- Separate SEC through the preconstruction process.
- Business Process Analysis and Documentation: Research, analyze, and document the estimating process at SEC finding ways to be more efficient and profitable. This involves conducting meetings with critical members of the SEC Management Team (Ryan and Ruthanne) to discuss bidding strategy and targets.
- Identify solutions for improvement in the organization: Through process analysis, this individual shall determine areas of potential improvement in terms of efficiency and company effectiveness, then develop appropriate solutions.
- Strategic Guidance: Develop strategic direction analysis for SEC as an organization. Make recommendations as to courses of action in terms of strategy for all sectors of the company.
- Tool Analysis: Research potential tools to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of the business processes. Tool analysis and development should be executed closely with both software development and the Chief Operation Manager (Ryan).
- Information Dissemination: Develop and facilitate high-quality and high-frequency communications through-out the company. Investigate and implement tools to achieve goals.
- Training/Mentoring: Promote the professional growth of the team. Continually pursue opportunities for personal career/training development.
- Qualifications/Skills Expected of Position
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Be understanding of the electrical industry.
- Entrepreneurial approach to problem solving.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Intrinsically motivated, detail oriented and not accept “second-best”.
- Process strong interpersonal skills in order to work in a diverse, dynamic, and fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated and flexible to accommodate changes in SEC’s business strategies.
- Excellent computer skills including a mastery of MS Office products and BID program (training available).
- Ability to learn new software quickly and knowledge of basic graphic software such as Visio and CAD.
The Jr. Electrical Estimator reports to the owner- Ryan
- Supervisory Requirements
The Jr. Electrical Estimator does not have direct supervisory responsibility at this time.
- Measurements (continually with yearly overview)
The Electrical Estimator’s success is measured by the following criteria:
- Ability to start and manage projects without guidance from management.
- Development of process and tools that streamline operations and cut costs.
- Propensity to bring answers to the table and implement solutions quickly.
- Position Evaluation Form.
- Duties of Jr Electrical Estimator
- Electrical estimators build up the cost estimates by analyzing the materials and labor needed to complete the project.
- Electrical estimators must explain the cost of wasted materials and possible delays in the project.
- Electrical estimators must have an exact impression, know the risks involved in the projects, create production schedules etc.
- Electrical estimators prepare work and guidelines and create drawings for distribution systems and new consumers.
- Despite the industry in which they work, electrical estimators analyze data, and some factors that can affect expenses, such as location of the place, material, labor, workers, time on project, and good machinery necessities including computer that will make the work fast and reliable. Jobs may differ widely depending on the type and size of the project.
- Fuel Replenishment
- Fuel replenishment will be based on mileage and agreed upon between Owner and Estimator.
- Company Vehicle
- The possibility of taking home a company vehicle will be revisited after one year of employment.
Jr. Electrical Estimator Position Description:
Start Date: ASAP
Pay Rate: Salary $70,000.00/yr.
Employee Health Insurance: Healthcare 50% of the “Base Plan” by SEC of the month following 60 days of employment, not to exceed 90 days of employment.
Family Health Insurance: TBD
Voluntary Dental/Vision Insurance: Portion paid by employee based on coverage selection after 60 days of employment, not to exceed 90 days of employment.
Disability & Accident Insurance: Portion paid by employee based on coverage selection after 60 days of employment, not to exceed 90 days of employment.
PTO: 8 paid Vacation/Sick days (total Combined).
401k: Participate at one year. SEC matches TBD % of investment up to 4%.
Schedule: Mon.-Thurs.: 7AM-5PM and Friday: 7AM-3PM
Current Driver’s License Required: Yes